ARO Pistachio-ology & Super Food Nut-rition:
Snack with guilt-free gusto!
on the tree: Natural from
branch to bag to you.
Pistachio-ology. Pistachios grow in heavy, grape-like clusters surrounded by a fleshy pink hull. Pistachio trees, Pistacia vera, derive their translation from the Persian word for pistachio, variations of "pesteh" in Farsi. Pistachio trees are wind-pollinated, with one male tree producing enough pollen for 25 nut-bearing female trees. Female trees can bear fruit for over 100 years.
Orandi Ranch orchards.
Natural Farming. From start to finish, ARO Pistachios exist in their natural state under the stewardship and management of CEO Adam Orandi at our Orandi Ranch. Grown in our orchards, cultivated, harvested, and processed on-site, our pistachios remain as closely possible to their natural state. We respect Nature's time required to organically split pistachios on our trees by the California sunshine. We never induce or expedite this process with artificial means. Nor do we introduce dyes to enhance shades, colors or textures. Whether ARO Pistachios are roasted in-shell or raw kernels, either will remain the color we know as "pistachio green" naturally. This green hue is the high chlorophyll nutrient contents in each nut. Equally important, our shells also remain true to their natural shades and texture. What you see is what you get!
Certifications. ARO Pistachios are naturally vegan and gluten-free and never genetically modified.
ARO Pistachios are both Kosher and American
Heart Association (AHA) Certified.
Nutrition Facts. Here is a quick reference showing how ARO Pistachios fall well within the AHA Certification Guidelines for Nuts which state the following criteria:
Saturated Fat = 4g or less per 50g
ARO Pistachios contain 1g Saturated Fat
Trans Fat = 0.5g or less per serving
ARO Pistachios contain ZERO Trans Fat
Cholesterol = 0mg or less per serving
ARO Pistachios contain ZERO Cholesterol
Sodium = 140 mg or less per serving
ARO Pistachios contain 75 mg
Beneficial Nutrients = 10% or more of the Daily Value of 1 of 6 nutrients (vitamin A, vitamin C, iron, calcium, protein or dietary fiber) ARO Pistachios contain 2% DV A,
2% DV C, 4% DV iron, 2% DV calcium, 2g Dietary Fiber, PLUS 4g Protein
Source: For more detailed information about this certification (Nuts category) please read
- Independent of the AHA certification requirements, the ARO Pistachio Nutrition Information found on our labeling and packaging also states more nutritional good news!
Carbohydrates = Total 5g per serving,
and Sugars = 1g
- Note: Instead of using sodium chloride for seasoning or even sea salt, ARO Pistachios exclusively seasons with Himalayan Pink Salt which contains over 84 trace minerals and elements.
ARO Pistachios vs. Other Nuts and Other Superfoods. We agree with the American Heart Association certification further recognizing ARO Pistachios as a Super Food. But how do ARO Pistachios compare with other Super Foods?
Here's the savory goodness and good news provided in one serving of ARO Pistachios:
- One serving of ARO Pistachios = 49 individual nuts (6 ounces or 50g)
- Calories: 100 Cal. Gram per gram pistachios are the lowest calorie nut. Pistachios contain 50% less calories than almonds and 75% less calories than macadamia nuts.
- Anti-Oxidants: One serving of ARO Pistachios contains more anti-oxidants than red wine and blueberries combined.
- Protein/Fiber/Potassium: Gram per gram, pistachios have more protein than cooked halibut, more fiber than cooked broccoli, and more potassium than 1 large banana.
Studies. Visit the USDA National Nutrient Database to see the complete overall Nutritional Data determined for Pistachios, for dry roasted or raw kernels, salted or unsalted. (Note: In interpreting this data, remember that ARO Pistachios are the only pistachios available exclusively seasoned with Himalayan Pink Salt, which includes the higher nutrient value and lower sodium value than in this USDA chart.)
Taste, texture, and nutritional value fortify ARO Pistachios as a
super-yummy super food! Snack with guilt-free gusto!
Follow our blog for more details, developments, and
pistachio-ology from ARO Pistachios, Inc.